You could follow me on theses social forums

Monday 4 November 2013

October haul *published in November*

Its obvious to me that I haven't posted in a while, ( I haven't got any new excuses, apart from the recent overload of coursework). However I have managed to squeeze in some retail therapy in the days I've been out and about. There's a sale (horary) and its just been to hard for resistance, now that the days have gotten shorter and around London the atmosphere has gotten chillier thick jumpers and winter socks are re-surfing out of my closet.

Tally Ho corner * thrift store
I brought two items here,  that were worth the price, fortunately I got them cheaper than I had  anticipated....the first being an oversized boyfriend winter coat which is a statement jacket that has graced the front pages of magazines and catwalks this up coming year. Many designers have made different variations. The most popular being the Max Mara (read my previous blog). I like the one I spotted at the outlet as the material is warm and thick; outside the coat is more or less obstetrical grey. I brought this for £7 pounds ~ original priced at £70.
The last buy was a grey woven tartan scarf which I brought for £2 pounds It was a bargain. Tartan scarfs are being sold at retail outlets for more than £10  (I was at Primark the other day and redneck tartan scarfs were being sold at £18 pound's). I love the colours represented on the scarf as it makes it look more authentic.


Apologies Pictures are foggy, taken from the Ipad
*Primark 
I only brought one item here; when me and a friend went to visit the London School of Fashion* open evening (the school is great and quite modernized). As we were already at Central London we decided to do, quick combustion of spontaneous shopping,  Primark had some hidden sale items. So I brought this lace blue tank top for £2. Through I realize that the possibility of wearing that is zero to one in the weather here in England.


*Topshop
I brought a golden threaded necklace there for £9 pound's (believe it or not but it was reduced down  four pounds). I liked the necklace because of it's detailing and it is a rather statement piece.

There was a reduction at my local shopping centre (Brent Cross) h&m is one of my favourite stores so naturally I walked in there. I brought a dress- t in scripted with the Iron Maiden logo for £3 decreased from £10 and also a pair of skin fitted ; neon blue jean's for the same price.


*Online 
My mother brought me new converses (see previous blog on summer shoes) I already own black pairs, so this time she brought white all stars. I admit I am quite sceptical in case I get them dirty but I am overjoyed as I prefer converses over any other practical shoe. She probably brought them for £40 pounds on the office website. She also went further and brought the film the Artist, I heard great reviews on the film and pressured her into finally buying it. I image she brought it from amazon priced at £12.

* super-drug  
The Revlon shade "170" shade mint green I brought for £5 I no that it is a bit of an over-by for nail colour but I loved the shade it was a unique ( I also couldn't find a similar shade there). I brought another colour from miss sporty shade "6" a lilac purple, I loved the colour instantly as I have seen celeb's endorsing light purple; a buy of £1.99.

* ASOS
Another item my mother ordered  I was quite flabbergasted it was from ASOS (another store I regularly shop at. It was a black skater skirt with a leather panel, I loved how it fits than obscures your figure. I took a glimpse at the receipt and she brought it for £12.

*Weakly subscription to Red Magazine 
last item on the list is my monthly dose of Red Magazine, I quite like this mag, as it has a lot of editorial pages which gives me inspiration, (I am a inspiring fashion journalist, after all). The magazine is a different demographic and I find it more sophisticated than Shout or Bliss magazine.

                                                                           
                                                                           

    Sonia




                                                                   














No comments:

Post a Comment

thanks for the encouraging messages x will reply as soon as possible